1. Who was the AfrAmerican designer elected president of the blindingly "white" Art Directors Club of Chicago in the mid 1960s - at the height of the Civil Rights Movement?
2. What year was the first AfrAmerican creative professional hired in a major US ad agency?
3. Which ad agency was considered the oldest continuously operating AfAm owned ad agency in the USA until its founder's death in 2003?
What it is.
1. This is a blog, not a website because I don't have the skills or the time to do a full-blown website. The niceties of design that I used to obsess over when I was an ad agency art director go out the window.
2. This is not a blog about the TV show "Mad Men". I really don't know or care much about the fictional exploits of fake "white" ad folks. This is a blog for and about real "black" ad folks.
3. My purpose here is to get acquainted with the current state of the mad world (especially as it relates to...er...uh, "melanated" mad men and women), make contact with and gather info on current AfAm ad folks for my new book and to begin to build an audience for it.